Spiritual Gifts

Each of us has been blessed in a variety of ways with God given talents. Before I die I hope I can say I have used up all the gifts God gave me and shared them with those I love.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011 ` a Day to Reconnect

Several days back I found the online obituary of the father of an old friend of mine from years ago. I did a little searching and soon found her telephone number listed at her place of business. It didn't take much thought before I found myself dialing her number and leaving an after-hours message.

When I did not get a return telephone call right away I felt badly, thinking she had decided not to reconnect with me. We had both shared some unpleasant experiences together and I wondered if they were just too painful for her to reach out over the miles and years to reach out to me. Today the telephone rang and when I saw her name appear on the digital readout of my telephone I was so elated.

I don't recall how long we talked but every audible word just seemed to hang in the air as I listened to her voice. We had been separated for over thirty years but the conversation flowed as easily as it had when we were neighbors, friends and sisters-in-law back in our twenties. We would sit over cup after cup of hot tea and talk for hours. She dearly loved my son and I remember feeling that if anything ever happened to me Becky would be the one who would take him in and love him as much as I did. I knew she would one day make a terrific mother and wife; she just needed the right man! Unfortunately the right man was an elusive dream for both of us during that time in our lives.

Becky this is how I look now; the above photo being taken in the last few weeks. I stopped coloring my hair last year and let it grow out to show my natural color.

No comments:

Post a Comment