Spiritual Gifts

Each of us has been blessed in a variety of ways with God given talents. Before I die I hope I can say I have used up all the gifts God gave me and shared them with those I love.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday, August 30, 2010

This week the weather has given us such a contrast from the weather of last week. It has gone from blue skies and sunshine and temperatures over 95 to cloudy skies and temperatures of under 70 degrees!. This morning we even had a few showers. It didn't stop the local humming birds from coming out to dine from the flowers of our trumpet vine which is in profuse bloom right now. We enjoyed this beautiful vine so much last year we decided to plant two more this year! The younger vines are taking hold underground which is obvious due to the growth above ground. So far the new vines have not shown us any blossoms but they surely will next year. It is such a great perennial and a great climber and is a good "filler" for an expanse of fence.

My morning has been busy with the latest quilt I a
m making for one of my aunties. It is a crazy quilt pattern in shades of teal, green, red, gold, purple, brown and white. It is coming along nicely and as you can see by the two photos has an oriental panel in the center. When finished this lap quilt will measure about 5' wide by 6' in length.

No comments:

Post a Comment